Activision annonce la sortie à Noël d’une version PlayStation 2 du plus tout récent Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball MAX’D, l’un des rares jeux de paint. Bon, on a vu plus excitant… [–SUITE–]
Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball MAX’D for PlayStation®2 to Launch in Fall 2006
SANTA MONICA, CA, August 28, 2006 – Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), WXP and Paintball Professional Greg Hastings announced today that Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball MAX’D (GHTP™) will launch this fall on PlayStationÆ2. The GHTP franchise launches for the first time on PS2, with speed and performance exceeding earlier versions.
“GHTP MAX’D PS2 is faster-paced, has more realistic action and is super fun and challenging,” said Greg Hastings. “Fanning the triggers, jumping over ‘Snake’ bunkers, tight new authentic fields, snap shooting, turbo speed, diving – all this means the game is faster and more intense than ever.”
Focusing on speed and performance, the priority was to have the PS2 game exceed performance of the title’s earlier versions. With up to 60 frames per second (FPS) in career mode, this game surpasses that objective.
“In our opinion, GHTP MAX’D is the fastest paced PS2 shooter,” said Mark Bombara, Gamebattles.com General Manager. “Our staff play-tested GHTP MAX’D PS2 for a week. You are thrown straight into action, frantically firing with the R1 and R2 triggers as you’re snapping and diving behind stuff. The matches are blazing fast.”
GHTP MAX’D PS2 includes new features and enhanced existing features:
– “Snake Jump” allows characters to jump over low lying ‘snake’ bunkers
– “Ramping” enables dual R1 and R2 trigger firing up to 24 rounds per second
– “Adaptive Stealth” allows AI opponents to rapidly move up the field avoiding detection by crawling, crouching and running behind bunkers
– “Suppression Fire” enables NPC’s to pin down opponents
– 5 new levels; 15 new selectable characters; 10 new guns, including the Shocker, Ego, and Bob Long’s Intimidator; 28 other new gear items, and 80+ new teams
– Licensed markers and gear from over 20 manufacturers and authentic field layouts from the three major leagues: NPPL, Xball and the Millennium Series
The game also adds a “Round Robin” tournament feature in career mode, and includes online play, co-op, new additions to the Breakout Manager and Field Editor, and new voiceovers featuring Matty Marshall, co-host of ESPN’s US Paintball Championships.
Greg Hastings’ Tournament Paintball MAX’D for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system will be available Fall 2006. GHTP MAX’D cell phone game soon to be available on Verizon, AllTel, and Amp’d Mobile. GHTP MAX’D is currently available for the XboxÆ video game system from Microsoft for a suggested retail price of $29.99 and on Nintendo Game BoyÆ Advance and DS™ for a suggested retail price of $19.99. The current versions of the game have been rated “E-10+” (“Everyone 10 and older” – fantasy violence) by the ESRB.